Saturday, January 30, 2021

Character Interview with Sheriff Christian Ballard of Centrehope

 Dear Readers:

Today, January 30, 2021, I have the pleasure of interviewing one of the characters, Sheriff Christian Ballard, in my mystery series Mirror Image, The Centrehope Murder Mysteries. Available on Amazon, B&N, Apple, Kobo, Smashwords. Print copies are available on IngramSpark. 

Sheriff Ballard has agreed to take questions from readers and will respond promptly. Leave your comments in the comment section.

L.E. Gortman - First, Sheriff Ballard, I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to have a sit down with me. It appears that the good citizens of Centrehope are keeping you on your toes.

Sheriff Ballard - Please, call me Christian *inserts chuckle*. I appreciate you having me. Yes, Centrehope has changed. For better or worse remains to be seen. Right, now the verdict is out on that one.

L.E. Gortman - How long have you lived in Centrehope?

Sheriff Ballard – I have lived in Centrehope for the better part of my life. I moved away after High School before returning and then being elected as the town’s sheriff.

L.E. Gortman - Where did you go when you left Centrehope?

Sheriff Ballard - Here and there. I started in Florida and... as I said here and there.

L.E. Gortman - Can you elaborate a little?

Sheriff Ballard - I did *insert chuckle* I mean, I went to the University of Florida on a scholarship for sports as well as academics. I stopped playing sports and focused on academics, and moved on from there.

L.E. Gortman – For real? *eye lift*

Sheriff Ballard - You sound surprised, he chuckled.

L.E. Gortman – That is because I am, but I’ll come back to that. Right now, I am sure viewers would like to know something about the recent murders in Centrehope. 

What is it you’re anxious about when it comes to this murder investigation?

Sheriff Ballard - *Gives her a blank stare.* The fact that there were murders is enough.

L.E. Gortman - Are these murders connected to one another in any way?

Sheriff Ballard - I am not sure yet. It’s an ongoing investigation.

L.E. Gortman - There seems to be some animosity between you and the mayor...uh...Mayor Colby Dean, I believe. What’s that all about?

Sheriff Ballard – That’s not true at all. Everyone is on edge. Centrehope is a small city that has never had this much action. There are bound to be deferring opinions.

L.E. Gortman – Fair enough. Moving on. Let’s talk about Addison Holloway...

Sheriff Ballard - Let’s not. He cut in sharply.

L.E. Gortman - It appears as though I have hit a sore spot with that one. What is it about Ms. Holloway that has you on edge?

Sheriff Ballard - Nothing at all. I don’t like to speak ill... it’s just not something that I can...let me put it a better way. There are some things I am not at liberty to discuss. It has nothing to do with anything personal against Addis...Ms. Holloway. As I stated earlier, the investigation is ongoing.

L.E. Gortman – So, are you saying that you charged the wrong person? Also, it is rumored that you and Ms. Holloway have dated.

Sheriff Ballard - It means that it’s still under investigation. As you know, there have been several incidents. There was also a rumor that I was dead. As you can see, I am very much alive. That’s why they are called “rumors.” There usually isn’t any truth to them. I deal in facts.

L.E. Gortman – By your comment, I take it there are several players in this? Am I correct? The papers printed that you already have a confession, so the next logical belief is that you’re searching for another person or persons.

Sheriff Ballard - That would be logical, yes *insert strained chuckle* However, we have to go where the evidence takes us. We will see.

L.E. Gortman - Do you believe the investigation should be wrapping up soon?

Sheriff Ballard - I sure hope so. The residents of Centrehope, as well as myself, are looking forward to a sense of normality. There has been a little too much action lately, and not the right kind.

L.E. Gortman - Fair enough. Your Deputy Sheriff appears to be just as tenacious as you are. What’s his name...uh, Jarrett Faulkner?

Sheriff Ballard – Yes. Jarrett is good at his job, and he also happens to be a close friend of mine. The fact that we work together makes it easier to get the job done.

L.E. Gortman - I hear he’s a lady’s man.

Sheriff Ballard - I can’t speak on that. You are going to have to ask Jarrett about that.

L.E. Gortman - I know the ladies are dying to know this. Is there anyone special in your life? A lady friend, fiancΓ©, girlfriend, and or boyfriend?

Sheriff Ballard - *Nervous chuckle* None of the above. As you can see, I haven’t had time for anything of much lately. I have been kept busy.

L.E. Gortman - Well, you know the saying “all work and no play makes the Sheriff...”

Sheriff Ballard - Busy

L.E. Gortman - *holds up hands* I get it. *chuckling* I had to ask the question. Christian, you have had a grueling few months, to say the least. How are you feeling?

Sheriff Ballard – I am getting better every day.

L.E. Gortman - That is good to hear. It is definitely good news. Thank you, Christian, for taking the time to have a sit down with me. I hope you will return once this pesky business is resolved. Just don’t go getting shot, Sheriff.

Sheriff Ballard - I have no intention of being injured. It was my pleasure. Thanks for having me.

L.E. Gortman - That’s a wrap, folks. Send in those questions for the Sheriff. Until the next episode. Stay safe, people of Centrehope. 


~L.E. Gortman

2 comments:

  1. Love it, gives great insight to the characters

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Awesome. I want to know more about Addison, the Mayor, Jarrett and especially the Sheriff! πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete

Cheers to new beginnings!

WISHING YOU ALL A SAFE AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!  πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ NEWS AND REVIEW 2021 As for book sales for  Mirror Image ...